Background

Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Birchbox


Happy April! (Even though April is just about over, I still wish you the best these last 5 days.) This month's Birchbox theme was Tiny Tweaks inspired Women's Health Magazine. I have been known to pick up that magazine from time to time, but am not currently a subscriber (more like a waiting room stealer). However, I do believe this is a great magazine for those interested in health, fitness, and overall general well-being. I loved the theme of self-improvement this month as I have recently started a new workout/life change regiment. Although this box didn't contain items relating to fitness it was more beauty directed (HOLLA!)  which is way more up my alley [so to speak]. So let's get into it shall we? Here is what I received in my April Birchbox:

Caudalie Divine Oil ♥ 
I have heard SO much about this brand but cannot afford to drop 50 bones on an oil. I will say, this will blow your mind along with your pocketbook. It smells just as its name intends, DIVINE. I really liked it a lot & it very much served its purpose. I only got a teeny sample so I cant tell you long term results, but the time I did use it was amaze. 
[A+] (Full size $49.00)

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream ♥ 
Jury is still out on this whole CC cream trend. I understand that they are very good for your skin & la la la, but they are extremely sheer. Mine came in the deeper tint but did not show up on my skin. I suppose the long term effects are probably pretty solid, judging by the popularity of the brand. This is a sequel to a previous cream Juice made. I enjoy the smell & texture of it, but I'm just not sold on the CC cream deal. 
[C] (Full size $39.00)

Hail Merry Macaroons ♥ 
They're gluten. They're vegan. Whatevs. I'm not into uber healthy desserts, but these were OK. I don't have much to say about it except that it was a nice extra! 
[B-] (Full size $5.00)

Ojon rare blend™ Deep Conditioner ♥ 
OH MAN. I was really excited to see this! First off, this was a great size sample, enough for at least 5 uses. The smell, uh, TO DIE FOR. It smells citrus-y and clean. This brand is overall a great pick for any hair care item, but I am always desperate for a great deep conditioner (thank you previous bleach blond hair) and this one knocks it out of the park. 100%, A+, I'm in love with this one! Totes worth the money for full size.
[A+++++!] (Full size $34.00)

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser ♥ 
Wow, that's a handful to type. We all know Elizabeth Arden is a top name in skin care & who doesn't die to go to the Red Door Spa? I loved this cleanser, didn't have much of an amazing scent but it certainly wasn't awful. I imagine over time this would show greater results, but I just received a little 2 time use packet. It foamed really nicely, had little micro-beads so I could feel it working, and didn't irritate my skin whatsoever. All in all, I approve; and for the price -which is shockingly low- I might think about purchasing.
[A-] (Full size $20)

Supergoop!® Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream ♥ 
It was so odd to me to have such a scraggly number be the SPF... I'm a math nerd & I like nice round numbers. Anyway, I am always a big fan of SPF. I hate sunburn, skin cancer, & tanning beds. I also am becoming a big fan of eye creams as I get older. I have a few other products from this brand that I love so this was a nice addition. The price pushes me away a little, because I don't think eye creams are extremely essential to my current skin care routine. Plus I have several I need to empty before buying more. To conclude, I enjoy this product, I will save it for travel because of its size. 
[B-] (Full size $45)

**Also in this month's box, I received a card for 10 issues of Women's Health Magazine for only $10! Normally I'd be excited about this but, as I said in my intro, I'm not a consistent reader of this magazine & I usually snatch them from waiting rooms. If anyone would like me to pass this offer onto you, let me know!**

XOXO, Kimmy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment