Background

Monday, June 17, 2013

June Birchbox: Wanderlust ♥


Happy June, lovebugs! This month's Birchbox theme was Wanderlust -- which I LOVE! This past year I have been doing SO much traveling and exploring; I totally am guilty of wanderlust. *Fingers cross for a trip back to New York this summer* Anyway, lets get into what I received in my June Birchbox.
This Month's Box

Laqa & Co Lil' Lip Duo
I LOVE these. I got one cute mini-sized chubby wubby lip pencil, a very good size sample in an amazing color (Lambchop). The full size comes with 2 chubby pencils, 2 different colors in the CUTEST packing ever. The packaging for each of Laqa & Co.’s products is commissioned from young, up-and-coming artists—SO rad. Its smooth shea-butter complex moisturizes and coats lips with a vibrant, glossy color. The duo comes with two high-energy shades: Pinkman, (a fuchsia), and Lambchop, (LAQA's signature hot pink). Full size $16


Color Club: Wanderlust Collection
I got mine in the color London Calling, its a beautiful, creamy, neon mint color; perfect for spring/summer. I have a few other Color Club polishes and I like the formula. There are 4 colors in the collection and I like them all except one, the nude-y  cream color-not my fave. I like my nails bright and I like em' colored. Full size $8 (for four .25 fl oz polishes)

Oscar de la Renta: Something Blue
I hate it. I'm not even gonna try and pretend I like it. It is awful, it smells overly sophisticated, migraine-inducing, and pretentious. I am not a fan of any ODLR fragrances, sorry buddy; dresses? That's a different story. Big thumbs down. Full size $85

ORIGINS GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer
I am SO loving this brand, and this product delivers. It smells amazebeans, and its so completely natural and non-irritating to my fragile skin. Caffeine-rich coffee bean extracts and ginseng rev up circulation for immediately perkier complexions, while vitamin B fortifies skin against environmental damage. Magnolia bark fades dark spots and hyperpigmentation and light-diffusing minerals give skin a luminous finish. Best part? It’s oil-free! WIN. Full size $32

 ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
I want to like this product. I think I like it, but I definitely do not love it; it was a good sized sample and it smelled alright and all that jazz-didn’t knock me off my feet though. My pores are very much clogged and that is what this mask is designed to pummel, but I just didn’t see it. Here’s the down low: charcoal pulls stubborn pore-cloggers to the surface and white china clay & lecithin work together to dissolve any remaining impurities. Full size $23

This month's box also came with a beauty box extra; a set of postcards with really cool designs from all over the world. They are fun, I might consider framing them and using them as decor, or popping one in the mail to one lucky chap! 

Til next time,

XOXO Kimmie


No comments:

Post a Comment